Wednesday 8 April 2009

Reasons I'm gutted I didn't get the best job in the world:

1) I have to face reality.

Reasons I'm glad I didn't get the best job in the world:

1) I can sleep at night
2) I don't have the BBC waking me up to film me in my dressing gown anymore.
3) My friends like me again.
4) I don't have to worry about my Dad picking up a copy of the Daily Sport to find a picture of his daughter with the headline 'Sarah Loves it Down Under' (not that my Dad reads the Daily Sport, and, incidentally, I was NOT interviewed for that article)
5) I can write about whatever I want to in my blog without having to worry about whether I've mentioned the great barrier reef enough or I've said something that might offend people.
6) I can go back and re-enter all the swearing and stories about poo in my travel blogs.
7) I can also re-post the bit where I wrote: "If I'm honest, I don't love Australia like I love Asia" and admit that Borneo is the best place I've ever been diving and India is my favourite country, without damaging my career prospects.
8) I don't have to feel bad that I've eaten an entire 200g block of cheese to comfort myself, because the chances of being broadcast on national TV wearing a bikini have been significantly reduced.
9) My dark circles, red eyes and acne skin seem to have been replaced by clear, radiant baby skin and sparkling eyes (it seems the acne was just a little present for me during the time I was being filmed for national prime-time TV. Glorious.)
10) I'm now less likely to develop skin cancer.

So there you have it, it looks as if it all worked out for the best!

Oh, who am I kidding?

Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment